lundi 27 juin 2011

Welcome !!!

This is Paris, Miroslav Sasek, 1959.





















My Vintage Avenue is a blog which aim is to show you a selection of artists I've chosen from what I call "The Golden Age" of design and illustration : The 1950s and 1960s.
Throughout your visit, you'll be discovering illustrated books, especially children's books from my personal collection, as well as biographies, vintage posters, fabrics, antiques that I found here and there, going from a whole bunch of things to subtle graphics, very typical of that period. 
Like all blogs, this one needs your comments and sometimes your knowledge so please, feel free to enrich its content and to make "Our Vintage Avenue" alive !!! 

3 commentaires:

  1. Yahoo! Je me languis de voir la suite :D

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I'm happy for this new blog :)
    Great idea! ... and great time of design.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. @ Sister Planet : Merci !!! Connaissant un petit peu tes goûts, je pense que certains articles te plairont !!! A très bientôt !!! :)

    @ Katarzyna : Thank you Katarzyna, i'm glad you like it !!! you're right, it's an exciting time in the history of illustration & Design !!! See you :)

    RépondreSupprimer

Karel en mienet written by Mariejte Witteveen and illustrated by Eddy Dukkers, circa 1950.

Karel en mienet is one of my favorite illustrated book. I'm still looking for Karel en mienet 2, if you have it and...